*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074211-I-Do-Like-a-Bit-of-Obscurity
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2223922
A tentative blog to test the temperature.
#1074211 added July 21, 2024 at 6:56am
Restrictions: None
I Do Like a Bit of Obscurity
I Do Like a Bit of Obscurity

Today I have completed my last entry for the fourth year of the Promptly Poetry Challenge. It’s an experimental little thing, my poem, but it also contains a reference that I have been debating whether or not to explain in a Note. After much internal debate, I have decided to write about it here, thereby leaving the interpretation of the poem entirely to the vagaries of fortune and the viewing habits of its readers. Any work of art must stand or fall on its own sooner or later, after all.

The reference is to flat hedgehogs and it originates in a few lines of sheer genius from Mackenzie Crook’s delightful comedy TV series, Detectorists. Rather than write out the exchange, I have embedded the relevant scene below. It may be incomprehensible to Americans, since I believe you don’t have hedgehogs, so I will tell you that a reasonable substitute would be the possum.

All very mysterious but hilarious if you’re a Brit.



Word count: 162


© Copyright 2024 Beholden (UN: beholden at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Beholden has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074211-I-Do-Like-a-Bit-of-Obscurity