*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074464-The-Moche-Warrior
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Reviewing · #2312363
Reviews for the 2024 Reading Club
#1074464 added July 27, 2024 at 5:16pm
Restrictions: None
The Moche Warrior
So, for my second book set in South America, I read a thriller The Moche Warrior by Lyn Hamilton. The novel is narrated by a Canadian heroine who owns an antique shop in Toronto. One day, she makes the mistake of buying a Peruvian artifact from an ancient culture called the Moche.

It turns out to be a mistake when her shop is attacked and robbed by mysterious people from Peru. To find out the reason, she tracks the artifact first to New York and then, to Peru where it was originally dug up. She then joins an archaeological dig incognito to learn more about the problem. This causes her to be caught up with antiquities smugglers who are also dealing cocaine.

There's quite a bit of action and several plot twists and Hamilton's descriptions of the Peruvian countryside are very readable. This is not the greatest book I've ever read about archaeologists, but it's an enjoyable read.
© Copyright 2024 Weirdone-Back in the games (UN: weirdone28 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Weirdone-Back in the games has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074464-The-Moche-Warrior