*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
8
9
11
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074797-Lucy-my-friend
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1074797 added August 5, 2024 at 8:35am
Restrictions: None
Lucy, my friend.
GROUP
Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise  (E)
Blog City - Every Blogger's Paradise.
#1972895 by Lyn's a Witchy Woman

Prompt: Pets and Animals
What is your relationship to your pets if you have any? And do you like animals in general?

Our dog Lucy is more than a dog to us. She is a true family member. She is the reason my husband gets up in the mornings. Each day he takes her for a long walk in the bush surrounding our home. When we first had Lucy, it was I who took her out for her daily walks. Then my husband retired and we would all go together. Now I rarely join them as I have, over the last couple of years, medical problems which prevent me from walking too far.
Lucy is an eleven year old Weinmarana. She is elegant, superior and doesn’t know she’s a dog. She mostly ignores other dogs, she rarely barks and nowadays is content to simply sleep the day away only showing her interest in life at meal times.
I am dreading the day when she leaves us, which can’t be too faraway. She is our fourth dog over the span of fifty years and so we know the heartbreak to come. and yet why would anyone deny themselves the love of a dog to avoid the inevitable loss?
A dog loves unconditionally. They never judge or hold grudges. Humankind can learn much from a dog. They are the best of all animals, including humans.

© Copyright 2024 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074797-Lucy-my-friend