*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
8
9
11
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074982-Trivia-Night
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1074982 added August 11, 2024 at 8:42pm
Restrictions: None
Trivia Night
Use these words in your entry today: decide, impress, biscuit. rescue. biography, calendar, page, sketch and bronze. Have fun!

It’s now half past midnight. I have just returned home from a trivia night.
It was great fun and we won third place. Or a bronze medal!
The event had been written on the calendar page for the month of August for a few months, but getting people to pay twenty bucks to buy a ticket was proving difficult. I tried to impress that it was a fundraiser for the local football club. Eventually we got a team of eight who rescued the situation and decided to turn up. There were lots of snacks, biscuits or cookies depending on where one comes from. The questions were mixed and we each contributed to the best of our abilities. A good night was had by all.
As a fiction writer I’ve never been really interested in reading the biography of anyone but as I was going through some papers belonging to my father I found a letter addressed to his father, my grandfather from George Bernard Shaw. Apparently they were very like minded about issues such as labour politics in the early nineties and were both before their time in their anti smoking stance. They corresponded regularly so it seems. So I became interested enough to read his biography. I found it an interesting read and the sketch of him on the cover a good likeness of the man.

© Copyright 2024 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074982-Trivia-Night