*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
8
9
11
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076156-Family
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1076156 added September 3, 2024 at 7:04am
Restrictions: None
Family
Words 457

FORUM
Blog Week Birthday Bastion 2024  (13+)
Blogging event from September 1-7, 2024. Closed.
#2277665 by WakeUpAndLive️~Happiness

Prompt 3. Sept 3.
You can achieve all the things you want to do, but it's much better to do it with loved ones around you; family and friends, people that you care about that can help you on the way and can celebrate you, and you can enjoy the journey. ~John Lasseter

Your most significant other(s) is/are....! Write about your loved ones (furry or not).

My most significant other is my husband. We have been married for 59 years. We were engaged for three years before getting wed and we met three years before then! So we’ve actually been together for 65 years, so how can he be anything other than significant?

We had three children who are scattered across Australia. One daughter stayed in Perth where we are, and has recently been living with us with her husband whilst they wait for their new house to be available.
Those three months have been fine, we have all got on well. They are moving out this weekend and it’ll be strange to be just me and hubby alone again.

One son lives in the tropical rainforest in Far North Queensland. We miss seeing him, his wife and little boy on a regular basis but it’s an amazing place to visit.

Our other daughter moved to Queensland after her marriage breakdown and we talk to her most days on the phone.

The other treasures in our life are our six grandchildren and six great grandchildren. We don’t get to see them often as everyone seems to have such busy lives these days. I try to keep abreast of all their activities and progress though.

I can’t leave this blog without talking about my dog. She is nearly twelve, a Weinmarana called Lucy, and is the love of our lives. She’s slowing down these days, as are we. We’ve had a few health scares with her recently but she has bounced back each time we think she’s leaving us.

At eighty years of age we look back at all the highs and lows life has thrown at us. There have been plenty of each. We left our homeland when our oldest daughter was just three years old. It was a very difficult transition as we left all our families behind. I felt bad for the kids that they had no extended family and grandparents. However, as the years have passed and the grandchildren were born they know nothing about those difficult times. They have always had grandparents and great grandparents and a wonderful lifestyle. When I look at them I know we made the right decision to leave the UK.
My parents eventually came out here to live for their last years too.

Family is everything to me.

© Copyright 2024 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076156-Family