*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
2
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076397--We-are-only-as-sick-as-our-secrets-
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(435)
by ruwth
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2145363
I will be adding stories & reflections as time marches on. Take a gander today!
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1076397 added September 6, 2024 at 11:47pm
Restrictions: None
~ We are only as sick as our secrets ~
"Blog Week Birthday Bastion 2024
Prompt 6. Sept 6.
Nothing makes us so lonely as our secrets. Paul Tournier
Can you share a secret? Small or big, tell us. No? Tell us why not.


Who is Paul Tournier? I don't know and a quick google search didn't help me. It kept giving me the Paul Tournier quote in our prompt for today. It also caused me to think of another quote I know: "We are only as sick as our secrets."

I first heard that statement around 12-step tables. As I walked the walk, I found it to be true. I often say the 12-steps saved my life—because they surely did. I was ableto embrace myself warts and all.

It started when I officially worked the first three steps:

1. I admitted Iwas powerless over food and my life had become unmanageable.

2. I came to believe God could and would restore me to sanity.

3. I made a decision to turn my life and my will over to the care of God as I understood Him.


Then I was at the fourth step and I did my best to take a fearless and thorough moral inventory of myself. It was not an easy task. I cried my way through reams of paper.

With my inventory in hand, I was ready to share the secrets of my failings with God and with another human being.

Prior to working my firsr fifth step, I was certain that if anyone really knew me, they would reject me but, ya know what—they didn't.

As I shared openly and honestly about my failings, I discovered that being real and authentic was the best way to go. I was blessed to have learned that lesson. It serves me well to this day.

Being real and authentic is very high on my list of values and I am glad—relieved and glad...



~ ~ ~ JESUS is LORD! ~ ~ ~




© Copyright 2024 ruwth (UN: ruwth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ruwth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076397--We-are-only-as-sick-as-our-secrets-