*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/110633-Egads-Cleaning-House-is-Hard-02-23-01-cont
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #165682
This is my [somewhat] daily journal!
#110633 added May 31, 2001 at 2:08pm
Restrictions: None
Egads! Cleaning House is Hard [02-23-01 cont.]
Well, I will start off and say..that tonight has been rather insane.

First, I thought I had to be at work at 7 (apparntly, they would need extra help to handel all the people that are in town..) I found out around 8:30 that they did NOT need me..and I was wearing my uniform/tie for no reason what-so-ever.

Women may not know what it feels like, but any man who has ever been in a tie says it will just about cut the circulation out of your neck. Men don't like wearing them when they are required, and they sure as hfil don't like to wear them around when its not even needed. Needless to say, I was not too happy about that.

About the same time I found out that they didn't need me, I found out that Sheila is going to drop by tomorrow, to work on her research paper. Guess what that means! Yep, cleaning house! I live in a pretty small house, compared to many (its only one floor, 4 bedrooms, a dining, a living, and two bathrooms) One would think it would take only a few minutes to clean it. Boy, they need to come to this house.

First, the bathrooms..since its almost a given that she would go in there, even as if to take a look. (Havn't you ever been to a place and just "had to peek" at something?) Thats not too bad. It only took me 5 or so minutes to do it. Moving on.. I found that there were a few dirty dishes. Once again, I took it upon myself to do them (even though my father usually does.. but because he's off on a military exercise.. he wouldn't be able to). Washing dishes is something i've had a pretty good bit of expirence with. When it takes most men 20-30 minutes, it only takes me 10-15. Needless to say, I was done pretty quick.

Next were the floors (sweeping/mopping).. not too much.. I hoped. Too bad I was wrong. Its time to announce that I have a cocker spanial in the house. She's just barely above puppy age. She still enjoys chasing the broom and the mop around, as if they are little toys for her. This took me 30 minutes! I couldn't believe how long it took me!

What could be worse than that? My BEDROOM! I knew there was a .001% chance she'd even LOOK in my room..but if she did, I wanted it to be PERFECT. So I am working on it. I had to take a small break because of all the dust that I brushed up. It has made me sick to my stomach. I may end up stopping now, and getting up early tomorrow to continue work.

As with everything, i'll let the readers (Thats you!) know how it turns. However, thats a different journal for a different day. Until then..

© Copyright 2001 James (Himura) (UN: rurouni at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
James (Himura) has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/110633-Egads-Cleaning-House-is-Hard-02-23-01-cont