*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/110639-yay-James-the-Stampedehehe-03-01-01
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #165682
This is my [somewhat] daily journal!
#110639 added May 31, 2001 at 2:18pm
Restrictions: None
yay! James the Stampede..hehe [03-01-01]
I won the auction! YES!! Sure, it was $203.50 but I WON THE AUCTION!! Now.. if this guy isn't a crook or a psycho nut path..and as long as the glasses arrive in pretty good shape.. i'll be one of the happiest ppl on Earth.

Oh, and Matt finally asked Nicole out. Of COURSE she said YES. Gah. I'm surrpised she didn't say yes w/out him asking her. Jeeze. I've never seen someone so obsessed with someone else. *rolling of eyes*.


-10something-
I awoke. *YAAAWWWWN* Not much here. Actually, a lot of stuff that I just don't wanna talk about, but I will anyway.

I woke up, got onto the computer.. only to find that my stupid machine forgot what my passwords and stuff are. So I went ahead and asked my dad (who took the day off, too) where the paper was that had im all on it. After finding it, I was disappointed to find that the seller of the Vash Glasses never emailed me. (And at the time of this writing, around 9:00 at night, he STILL hasn't). That ticks me off! I want those glasses, BADLY.

-Normal 4th Hour Time-
I logged onto my email account from home. (I'm sure glad they set it up that way). I only had about 30 minutes before I had to leave, but I figured I would email Matt while I could.

I wasn't really happy. I felt like something a garbage truck had hit. Which was odd, cause Matt was in the best mood i've ever seen him. I knew Nicole said yes. Why else would he be THIS happy? Le sigh.

After about 5 minutes of talking to Matt, Andy came onto ICQ. I told him about the dentist appointment that I had, and how I would be in Clovis for almost the entire day. He asked me if it would be alright to tag along. I asked my parents, who said yes, and we set the arrangement. Around this time, I had to eat lunch, and say goodbye to Matt.

-Andy's-
I arrived at Andy's to find out he was waiting for us outside. I had to switch places in the car (since i'm the thin skinny guy that can fit in the middle).. and once he was in, it was TIME TO GO!

-The Mall-
We still had two hours until it was time to go to the dentist, so we went to the mall. Sure, its not that big, but its got its good points.

Andy and I went off on our own, to Camelot, in hopes of finding Anime. We found a lot, actually. It was surprsing. When I went to the big store in Lubbock, I couldn't find hardly any..and yet.. here, in this small dinky town.. we found a bunch. Including Vampire Hunter D, Endless Waltz, a few Gundam Wing ones, and a few others. I was very tempted to buy one, but we decided we would go look at some other stores before buying any.

We went to EB next. Lots of games, and a few more titles of anime. Nothing TOO spectacular, at least at the moment.

KB Toys was next. We just walked around looking at all the different anime-ish toys, and were looking for Vash the Stampede figure, that Andy had given me on my B-day. We didn't find it.

Bookstore was next. We went in, and looked at all the manga/comics/star wars books. As we were leaving, we noticed my parents were in EB. So we went back in there. My dad pointed out that they had a few Playstation 2s there. Andy asked the guy if they really had any, and then I asked for the price. I made up my mind on the spot to buy one. I used my quick and easy Debit card and bought the last one (well, there was one more..but it was the model they hook up to show it off). THIS WAS VERY CLOSE TIMING! There were two guys behind me, both wanting one. So I got the last one, and someone behind me got the model..and one of the guys didn't get anything. Sure, I felt sorry for im..but hey, it was MINE!

-Dentist Office-
Weee...we arrived, and got bored out of our mind. (Actually, we went to Wal-Mart first. Andy bought two games, and I just looked around.) Andy and I were just sketching, and then we decided "Hey, we should go walk around this little area and see what there is to see.." And so we did.

First we walked across the large parking lot, past Taco Box, to the Family Dollar Store. We laughed and joked the entire time..but when we entered, we were given all sorts of dirty looks. Looks that say something ilke "you're too rich to shop here." It was strange just being in the store. Anyhoo, we found a few cheap toys.. one of which was "Captain Courage" a parachute soldier. Andy and I reckoned that (because of the high wind today) we could have some fun with im. We bought two. (Scans of im will come sooner or later). We quickly ran out and opened one of them. Tossing him up into the air, we came up with a theme song for the little guy.

BOOM! he crashed into the pavement, and rolled around... weak.. almost dying. We picked him up to realize that he DOESN'T HAVE A BACK!! We figured he probably lost it in a "war" (Yes, we're freaks.. leave us alone.. *sniff sniff*).. and the theme song continued.

We stopped back into the Dentist office to make sure it wasn't my time to go.. it wasn't. So we went back out and walked towards the other side of the shopping center. This side had all sorts of strange little shops. One of which was "Party and Paper" we decided "hey, we could find some stuff in there..." and went towards it. (By the way, we were still throwing Captain Courage around, and jokeing and singing the theme song). Party and Paper was OUT OF BUSINESS.

Blah. We didn't really enjoy THAT part.. anyway, we went into the Benjamin Franklin store..that was close by. Here I found a sketch pad with 150 or so pages, and a few drawing pencils. I bought two pencils, and the pad, and we were on our way back. More singing..more tossing..more laughing.

When we arrived this time, we found out that my name had been called..but since I wasn't there, my mom got in before me. Oh well. We sketched, laughed some more...and just generally had a good time. Not long after we got back, it was my time to go in.

-After Dentist Appointment-
NO CAVITIES! YAY!! YAHOOO!! ... oh wait.. I have to have wisdom teeth CUT OUT!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!! *dies* X_X; Hehe... anyway.. it was time to eat. I was starting to feel starved. I hadn't eaten in about 5 hours.. ick. We all agreed to eat at Arbys. We hadn't had it in months! Andy and I had a #1.. and while we waited, he decided to try out a "simon" memory game. (if you got 80 points you got a free drink, after 120 points you got some food, and 180 you got a free value meal!) It was only a quarter. Andy laughed pretty hard when the first level was just one button. He never knew what he was in for.

Andy became addicted to that game. He played it for 10 minutes straight, and was rather sad when it beat him. He was only 5 off from some free stuff, too. LOL! I had to laugh. He ended up taking my last quarter so he could play some more. It mocked him some more. It "Teased" his brain, which is why (I guess) they call it "Brain Teaser" hehe.

After we ate, it was time to take Andy home. After dropping him off, I had to stop by McDonald's to pick up my check..

-McDonald's-
I should have known not to go in there by myself. I was hounded by people. "Where were you at School today?" "Will you work for me---" AAACCKKKK!! I tried to run past them, and finally found someone to give me my check. ACK! A freakin survay is attached, and I can't leave without filling it out. Its HUGE! 40 quesitons about how you "feel" about the McDonald's you work at... not cool at all!

*gasps hard* I finally managed to get out..alive! YAY! And I STILL have my day off! *cheers weakly* Time to go home and set up my PS2!

-Home-
I set up my PS2! I watched Trigun on it, I watched some of Highlander 2 on it, and I played some more of Metal Gear Solid (the VR missions). This thing is awsome. Now that I have a PS2, my sister can have the PSX! No more times when I can't play a game because someone else is using my PS2! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Thats about it. I'm still waiting for the seller to email me an address, and i'm just kicking back now... relaxing... just now remembering that I have a ton of Math to do, alongside a research paper. Blah. Anyway.. Dewa Matta!

© Copyright 2001 James (Himura) (UN: rurouni at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
James (Himura) has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/110639-yay-James-the-Stampedehehe-03-01-01