*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/123395-100th-View-and-Other-Matters
Rated: ASR · Book · Spiritual · #135312
Who are we? Where are we going? Should we even care?
#123395 added September 8, 2001 at 7:59pm
Restrictions: None
100th View and Other Matters
Well, I've nearly had 100 views of this journal. Of course, I can't be sure of the number of people who actually took the time to read it. Frankly, 100 views seems pathetically low, but I can't seem to care beyond this mention. When I look at my other, more popular items, namely, my User Polls, I see that they have over 1000 views each, but barely more than 100 votes. I find it odd that less than one percent of viewers actually take the time to vote at the polls. Statistically, based on my other works, this journal should only have one reading. Of course, I know that this is not true, there is a bit of comfort in that.

Of course, views are irrelevant. It is illogical to get upset over the number of views this journal has gotten. It isn't like I'm trying to raise funds or anything. And being widely exposed to the viewing public at Stories.com is not particularily important to me, though it would be nice. Of course, why should I get widely exposed and praised? Granted, I have been recognized as a valued contributer to the community by being made a Preferred Author a few months back and for that I am grateful. But the ideas in this journal are not popular to say the least. Well, actually, that's propably the truth. I don't think that I'm offending anyone but fundamentalist Christians and I don't think that they would even read this, let alone find it in their searches. If anything, this journal is a safe place to keep my thoughts if I ever need to recall them. If my hard-drive ever crashes, at least I know that I can always download my most important documents from this site. What do I care about readers or viewers? It is nice to know that 100 people have at least glanced at my work, but in the end, I just need a safe place to keep the work.

But what is the point of this entry? As opposed to a daily journal of thoughts and feelings and events (like Mihoshi's), my journal has a specific theme, so I have refrained from writing about irrelevant topics. All I'm trying to say is that Stories.com is a great place to have your work published and be seen by many people (if you try hard enough to be visible), but in end, in terms of this journal, it is no more than a storage device for my work.

Of course, in the end, this journal and any thoughts I've ever had will fade and be forgotten. I take comfort in that for some reason. I don't think I want to live forever. Not on this planet anyway.

© Copyright 2001 SyntheticGod (UN: synthetic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SyntheticGod has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/123395-100th-View-and-Other-Matters