*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/155600-The-house-of-confusion
Rated: 18+ · Book · Philosophy · #284489
Well, this is designed to shock and surprise you. I hope to make people REALLY think.
#155600 added March 22, 2002 at 4:17pm
Restrictions: None
The house of confusion
Since my parents are divorced(they divorced when I was a coupla months old) I've lived with two 'men'. My dad and my big bro. I live in a house of men, and since I've hit the puberty mark, things just got stressful.
They do all the laddish things-leave the toilet seat up, expect me to do the washing, messy and forgetful, that kinda thing. However, they are able to do the cooking and the cleaning.
They don't understand girls-at all. When my friends call they say that I'm watching barbie or something and they think it's funny. And whenever I'm watching TV downstairs, they nick the remote force me through repeats of the dire Top Gear (car show)
If I'm late for school, I'm either:
Skiving,
Out with a boy
Out with a group of boys
Helping my mates shoplift the newagents
OR-doing drugs
They trust me see(?). Last summer, my Dad thought that my new boy mate was my boyfriend, and was so hostile to him all summer.
But the worst thing is that they love DIY. My brother is clumsy and over the years he got a nail through his foot and dropped a sledge hammer on the same toe a year later. He has even been stupid enough to put cement down the sink causing a block in the pipes for weeks on end. He keeps trying ti 'fix' the computer which broke it twice, no three times, leaving me without a computer for a combined six months or more.
My dad one time made a whole wall collapse, which I came to after offering a friend over that same weekend. Now he's redoing the bathroom. He has so far:
Taken out a 20-odd year old toilet, sink, iron bath, and hired some thing which took the tiles off and showered downstairs sink with rust which I had to clean up. It's been a mess, but I pray it'll look good.
Despite that, living with guys does have it's perks. i know have indepth information you wouldn't be able to coax out of people. It's made me more practical, leader like and very upfront and honest, which is a very big quality of mine, so i guess I'm thankful for that.
next time:Mum
See ya later
xxx

© Copyright 2002 Serial Angel (UN: blackangel2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Serial Angel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/155600-The-house-of-confusion