*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/196917-Why
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Thriller/Suspense · #535622
A female mob boss
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#196917 added October 5, 2002 at 12:05am
Restrictions: None
Why?
I never asked to marry the head of the Cazolletti crime family. I suppose, technically I did, because I proposed to him, but I didn't know he was what he was. We met in law school. Ironic, isn't it, that we both studied law? He did it because he firmly believed in the balance necessary for all things, and therefore, he believed that in order to break or bend the laws he should be able to uphold them or defend them. He wanted to know them well.
The minute I saw Tony, I knew he was the One, cheesy as it sounds. He was such an attractive man, with his lustrous black hair and his strong Italian features. And he shone with this inner light, all spitfire and smooth oil. We went out for months before I proposed. Three days after my proposal we ran off and got eloped. My parents didn't approve. I still didn't know what was going on in his life. I didn't know until just before graduation, when he told me he wasn't going for the bar, and why he wasn't, and that i should. I went for the bar, passed it the second try, and started in the legal team for the business.Within a few years ! was the primery legal representative for all the Cazollettis. Then Tony's dad died, and he became the Don. We were a great team; him striking people with fear of pain, and I striking with the law and defending my clan. We were so happy, dammit! Why did Tony have to die? If he had died of soemthing business related, maybe it would have been more understandable. But do you know how he died? He got hit in the temple with a baseball thrown by soem little neighborhood kids. What choice did i have but this? I just wish I weren't so alone.

© Copyright 2002 trubbel (UN: trubbel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
trubbel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/196917-Why