*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/202883-My-Tribute-To-The-X-Files
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #549308
When I die, this is all that will remain of me.
#202883 added November 18, 2002 at 5:40am
Restrictions: None
My Tribute To "The X Files"
The results for the "Witches cauldron of horror"
contest are out.

And I didn't win the first prize.
Nor the second.
Nor the third.
Nor the Nth.

Yay!!!
I'm happy!


What? People are supposed to be angry when they don't win. Then why am I happy?

Well, because actually something that I belIEve was just reinforced.

That I couldn't ever win. Never. Ever.

Yahoo! *Smile* *Smile* *Smile* *Smile*

Yeah. That's a whole bunch of them smiling smilies.
Them "that f word"ing smilies.

Life is great by the way. What I mean is that none of the usual pathetic stuff [like heartache, misery, want, desire, hatred, jealousy, etc... etc...] happened to me today.
Why?

Well, because I was in bed all day.
Why?
Well, because there simply was no reason for waking.
Why?
I dunno. Let's leave it at that.

Saw the whole fourth and fifth seasons of "the x files" over again.
They really were the best seasons according to me, if you don't consider the excellent "Biogenesis", "The Sixth Extinction" and "Amor Fati" Episodes from another season.

Wow! What a journey! I've watched the X files loyally for nine years.
And now it's dead. Officially cremated.

It's so sad!
I remember switching my TV ON on every sunday evening, a big "don't disturb me" sign around my neck [no, seriously *Smile* ] and a big pile of munchies on the table.

I saw it all.
The enigma of the first season, the gentle unravelling of small conspiracies in the second, the slow build up of the character's lives in the third, the major unravelling of conspiracies in the fourth, fifth and sixth season.
The gentle humorous side of Mulder and Scully in the seventh season, the sudden departure of Mulder [due to some problems David Duchovny had with Chris Carter], the relentless search for Mulder through season eight, as well as the emotional struggle of Scully trying to live life without Mulder, and the sudden addition of a new character [Doggett]. I personally beleive that season eight was as good as season five.
And the ninth season,when the untouchable show finally collapsed from it's position as number one.
And finally, the final episode of the X files.
fittingly called "The Truth" .
Finally giving the fans the truth they so obviously have been wanting in nine years.

Of course, the final scene [Mulder saying "maybe there's hope" to Scully, holding her in his arms] was pretty cheesy. I really didn't wan't the final episode to end with a kiss.

I would rather have seen this:
Mulder staring out of a window, with the window shades down, the soft morning light filtering in, adding a soft glow to mulder's face. [We've all seen this numerous times in the X files.]

Scully enters the room, in whatever dress she chooses [Mulder is dressed in white.]
And slowly, Mulder looks at his partner, and says "maybe there's hope" or Scully saying:
"it's over?"
Mulder saying : "it's over."


Or this would've been perfect :
Mulder and Scully sitting in a room, watching the tape of Mulder from several years ago when he underwent regressional hypnosis, and ending with the phrase "I Want To Believe".

That would have been a fitting closure.
But many fans of the Mulder-Scully relationship would have disagreed. They would've screamed that at least they should've gotten to see them kiss in the last episode!

Anyway, the show is over.
But it's changed the way I think.
But most importantly, it's changed the way I live.
I could go on and on about the show. About just how perfect it was. Nine years long!
Wow! It's been a long time!
A journey from the gentle search for the truth, to the Truth.

And there are just so many memories about the show that I can't even begin to describe in words.

So I'll just leave it at that.

But was the journey worth it?
Nine years of my life. Was it worth it?
Goddamned right it was!

© Copyright 2002 The Ragpicker - 8 yo relic (UN: panchamk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Ragpicker - 8 yo relic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/202883-My-Tribute-To-The-X-Files