*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/203693-Second-Proposal
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #559708
Einah's wants to get a mysterious dagger. Magnus is a soldier with an unsettled past..
#203693 added November 3, 2002 at 11:51pm
Restrictions: None
Second Proposal
I reached into my cloak, eyeing Malkanen warily. I was in his bedchamber yet again, this time without any chambermaids, yet he was still in his dressing gown. He watched my hand as I retrieved the papers from the pocket on the inside and handed them to him. He greedily took them from my grasp. I stood there silently as he read them, verifying their authenticity.
"Thank you my dear. I see that you are more than your body makes you out to be." His eyes skimmed over my body yet again, and I fought back the bile that rose up in my throat.
"Yes, there have been many a man that have discounted me simply because I am a woman, though none can tell the tale now. I would sincerely hope that you would not be stupid enough to become one of them." I said, my voice dripping with venom.
"Ahh, such words out of such a lovely mouth. I can teach you to do more beautiful things with that tongue than spit out words of malice, my dear beautiful Einah." He eyed me with interest, his finger trying to caress my cheek.
"Perhaps another time." I pulled away. Now for your end of the bargain."
"Patience, my lovely. Did you really think that I would give you such invaluable information for such a paltry assignment? I pray that you are not such a fool. No, I have bigger and better things planned for you."
It took more self-control than I thought I possessed, but I remained calm. "And what kind of honorable man do you make yourself out to be when you change the agreement after it has already been met?"
"I never claimed to be an honorable man, my dear."
I refused to admit that this man had duped me, but I felt the anger seethe inside me. "Very well, what is it that you want me to do this time?"
"Much the same thing, but as an addition, destroy the ammunition in the bunkers to the left of the intelligence tent. Your opportunity to make some noise, although I would prefer it that you made noise while under me, but this will do for the time being."
And with that, I was off again on my second mission for this dagger that I was determined to get. It would confirm to all thieves out there that I was the most talented thief, woman or no.

© Copyright 2002 Captain Crunch (UN: saluna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Captain Crunch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/203693-Second-Proposal