*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/213521-In-A-Tub
by Dris
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #451445
A chronicle of my life starting from June 21, 2002.
#213521 added December 15, 2002 at 1:17am
Restrictions: None
In A Tub
December 15, 2002


         Well, just got back from Kansas City. I went there with my youth group. We went to the Central Crown Plaza, a Mexican restraunt called In A Tub, and a part of town where traffic and jaywalking laws are non-existent.
         The plaza wasn't as great as I expected. There were few shops. There wasn't even an electronics shop (gasp)! I hung out with my youth pastor most of the time. One cool thing was an accordion player playing Christmas muzik for the Salvation Army, and these little laser-made cubes of glass with dots inside forming 3D figures. Very cool.
         In A Tub was a good Mexican restraunt. Nothing much to say other than that.
         In that section of town we were in lied the coolest shop ever. The Discovery Channel shop. The coolest toys were there! If I even began explaining one, this entry would exceed the attention span of many readers. If you're interested, there's probably a website.
         Besides that, there was a huge toy store that I couldn't enter because there was a 15 minute line outside the entrance. And there were about 50 cults advertising themselves. One dude tried to give me his book on "Divine Nature". I kindly turned the offer down.
         It made me think. They explained their religion to us, and I saw so many clear contradictions within their explanations that I was baffled as to how they could ever believe it. But they believed it, and they did so wholeheartedly.
         I wonder how many people were teaching about the one true God out there?
         The way home was interesting. My friend and I were in the back along with two female friends. At one point, he put on his headphones, and they began whispering and giggling quite a bit. After about the fifth outburst of laughter, I inquired on what was so funny. "If only you knew, Chris Vincent," was the response. They later filled me in that they were asking each other strange questions, mostly about guys in the youth group of course, and gave me some samples. They told me that the questions they asked were quite a bit weirder, though. Their sample of those questions was, "If a disease killed off mankind, and you were the only woman left, with the responsibility of repopulating the Earth, who would you 'reproduce' with?" Hmm...After that we stuck to simple questions about husbands and wives.
         Well, it was a learning experience. Now I'm home. With little to do. Our roomate's parents are staying the night in my bro's room, so he'll be in my room with me tonight. Haven't done that in years.
         Yeah, I think I'm about done. Recommended listening: She Is Beautiful by Andrew WK. He opened for Aerosmith at the concert, though I missed it. Anywho, the song is good, and so is sleep, so goodbye.

~ Dris ~

© Copyright 2002 Dris (UN: dris at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dris has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/213521-In-A-Tub