*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/225812-Love-and-Marriage
by Dris
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #451445
A chronicle of my life starting from June 21, 2002.
#225812 added February 6, 2003 at 1:36am
Restrictions: None
Love and Marriage
February 6, 2003


         My mom is getting married to a man from Africa.
         Shocking? Yes. Even more so if you know my mom.
         But, there's a catch. Due to recent terrorism, it's nearly impossible to get a citizenship in the United States (you probably already know where I'm going from here). And if you don't have a citizenship, you are required not only to work so many hours a week, but also take so many college courses at the same time. It's a heavy workload. And if they even drop a single class, or decide to work part-time so they can manage it all better, they can be arrested and sent where they came from. The man worked hard to get in the country, and even harder to pay for college. He wants citizenship so he can live life as anyone should be allowed to in America.
         The only option he had left was marriage. So he called up a close friend, my mom, and asked. She immediately said yes.
         My mom did admit that, if she was interested in marriage, she might actually marry him for the reason most people are married. And as the man has said himself, he wouldn't mind "being bound to her" either (apparently he speaks several different languages and, despite being an African, he has a French accent, which is pretty cool).
         So that's the big news for today. Our family will get to know him and stuff, that way we can correctly answer the questions which will be asked of us. Apparently he's a pretty cool guy though, so it won't really be a bad thing. When he has his citizenship, they will divorce and such.
         Now then. That was a long entry. It's getting late, and I have a book report to write. :P Should do those things earlier, ya know? Recommended listening: What Comes Around by Ill Nino. Don't let the "hateful" intro fool you, it's a cool song. Enjoi.

~ Dris ~

© Copyright 2003 Dris (UN: dris at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dris has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/225812-Love-and-Marriage