*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/256429-My-poor-puter
by Circe
Rated: 18+ · Book · Friendship · #589633
This would be my journal...
#256429 added September 12, 2003 at 1:21am
Restrictions: None
My poor 'puter

When I booted up my computer today, it wouldn’t let me do anything. At all. It just sat there and refused to listen to my commands. So I shut down, and then re-booted, only to find the same thing. I did this 4 times, each time becoming more and more panicked. Liv Tyler was looking at me from my desktop every single time. She was all pouty and I could almost hear her mocking my efforts. Okay, so it’s possible Liv doesn’t actually give a damn about my computer, but I’m sure her desktop is an agent of Bill Gates.

So then I shut it down again, holding back on the urge to scream and throw the stupid laptop at the wall as hard as I could. I instead chose the practical thing of getting into bed and pulling the doona over my head to mope and feel bitter. All I could think was ‘If I lose The Gateway I’ll die.’ And it’s true. It may not be the most amazing piece of literature, but it’s MINE. I was freaking out and trying to remember where my disk was with the copy. Then I remembered Brad had it and I freaked out more. What if he’s deleted it??

Sigh. Sometimes I wonder if this computer lives to upset me. I think it does. It’s SUPPOSED to play DVD’s, but chooses to instead completely freeze anytime I come within a metre of it with anything LotR related. It doesn’t mind other DVD’s so much, But lotr ones it hates. How very fitting. In a horrible, cruel and sadistic sort of way. Waaa. For Christmas I was going to get the season 3 box set of Xena, but I bet this thing will refuse to play those too. Double Waaa. This means I’m going to have to buy a REAL DVD player. Sigh. Do I look like I have that kind of money? My precious laptop (Who a both hate and love) is the most expensive thing I have ever bought.

Sigh. I’m scanning for viruses now. Ohpleasebeokaymypreciouslittlecomputer. *crosses fingers*




** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#684941 by Not Available.


When the seas and mountains fall
And we come to end of days
In the dark I hear a call
Calling me there
I will go there
And back again

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

My Fantasy Novel-
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

© Copyright 2003 Circe (UN: circe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Circe has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/256429-My-poor-puter