*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/278122-The-Legend-of-the-Mimeenah-Flower
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #800641
My book. Does it have any possiblities, or not?
#278122 added March 19, 2012 at 5:00pm
Restrictions: None
The Legend of the Mimeenah Flower
Mews Dear Human,
Today we studied myths and legends of Makrael. We had to write an essay about our favorite legend. I wrote about the Mimeenah flower.

The Legend of the Mimeenah Flower
Our ancient homeland of Makrael was a beautiful planet. The world was covered with forests of tall trees, and wide savannas, and flowers grew in wild profusion everywhere.
There was one flower that was especially beautiful. It was a tiny white flower, similar to the primroses found here on Terra, and it bloomed in meadows on high mountains, and its fragrance perfumed the air. Some say that the flower was called the Mimeenah, others say that in those early days the lovely white flower had no name.
Our race, the Felinadaes, were the dominant species on the planet, and as time went on and we became wiser and tamer, we elected two of or kind to rule and guide us. They were the first Makrael and Makraela. Legend tells us that they were a handsome couple, with pale lavender fur, and darker purple points on their ears and tails. They had a lovely daughter, and they named her Mimeenah.
She grew into a beautiful and gracious young girl cat. Often she was seen wandering through the forest, or hunting on the savannas, or playing in the mountain meadows. And so it was that one fine day she was dancing through a meadow filled with the flowers. Thinking that she was quite alone, she completely let down her fur, and jumped and twisted joyously, chasing butterflies like a small kitten. And as she played, the sunlight caught her long lavender fur, sending sparks like diamonds across the meadow.
But she was not alone. On the edge of the meadow stood a handsome tomcat, who watched her every move with a deep appreciation. Oh, she was beautiful, she was lovely beyond the imagination of catkind, and he longed to meet her. Finally he could stand it no longer, and he mewed a soft meow deep in his throat.
Immediately Mimeenah stopped dead in her tracks, and looked out across the meadow towards the sound. Her quick lavender eyes found the deep green eyes of the handsome tomcat, and she blushed deeply, and when she did the flowers in the meadow blushed with her, and their edges all turned to pink. It was love at first site.
Many months later the two were married, and at their wedding were sprays and bouquets of the lovely flower. It became known as Mimeenah’s Flower, and ever since then it has borne that name.
I have heard that only those who are members of the Royal Family may use the name Mimeenah.

My name is Mimeenah Roshan Felinidaes

Purrs


© Copyright 2012 Cynaemon (UN: noelanicat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cynaemon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/278122-The-Legend-of-the-Mimeenah-Flower