*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/280725-Marriage-Rights
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #470704
Things I find myself only able to express in words and in this journal - welcome!
#280725 added March 6, 2004 at 9:56pm
Restrictions: None
Marriage Rights
It's been forever since I've really added anything here. Been busy somewhat. School has been really tough at times and actually, right now I'm supposed to be working on something, but have ya ever had one of those days where you just don't want to do anything? Yeah, that's been my last couple of weeks. It kinda bothers me that I feel that way, but I guess I'm just ready for a break. Sad thing is I still have to write a research paper over spring break...but in a weird way, I'm not stressed out about tho it counts for 300 points. I guess I'm just really used to having to write things like that. Bah tho, My history professor is a pain in the REAR! Thanks for your offer April!!! =D I would so take you up on that!

Alright, hopefully those of you who do read this and are bi/homosexual or are straight & support homosexual rights have been keeping up with the news lately. There are a lot of things going on.
Mass. Courts said same-sex marriages are okay. San Fran gave it the A-ok. Oregon has also deemed it Ok. Bush however is trying to add an amendment to the constitution that declares marriage as union between a man and a woman only. Now, if he has 2/3 of congress OK that, then it becomes an amendment. The problem here is that most of the states ARE against same-sex marriage. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but I know it's close. Now, of course all of the southern states are probably against it. (WHY DID I HAVE TO BE BORN HERE?!?!?) So, Bush may get what he wants... but...the thing is, there's so much opposition against this amendment. This is where one should use their voice to promote what they believe. (I have a link I'll give later.)
Alright, so why should you care if you don't?
This is the first time since prohibition in the early 1900s that there has been an amendment that restricts people's freedom. And yeah, that amendment worked out REALLY well! (In case you're not sure what happened...the amendment to ban the sell of alcohol lead to organized crime, i.e. the mafia.) Secondly, in a way it violates the constitution. "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness." This amendment restricts the pursuit of happiness for homosexuals. And this isn't even mentioning all the civil rights that are provided by a marriage license. (There are a buncha them, look them up if you wish...sure you can find them somewhere.)
Anyways, there is a petition you can sign...in fact I'm sure there are several, but here is one I know the link to. There have only been 389,389 since March 5. I may be one person, but I'm gonna try my best to see if I can add to that number. They've already gotten the amount they needed...but yeah. Not saying ya gotta do this, but if it matters to you, then this is something you can do.
Here's the link:
http://www.hrc.org/millionformarriage/index.shtml

As far as my other life aspects? There's someone that I really really care about. Actually, that I love -- Rach. That's changed and in that aspect, I'm the happiest I've ever been. I would go on more, but mm, I don't know. Rach knows how I feel and that's what really matters.
As far as the past....
Sarah still talks to me on occasion, but... yeah, it's not the same. We've changed and I have a lot of things that I figured out involving her and I. The things she did, how she treated me, how it wasn't that great of a relationship in some ways.

Now I really do have to go work on my paper and stuff...I figure if I can at least get the research part done and form my outline of the papers that sitting down and writing them won't be as hard.

© Copyright 2004 TrueSoul137 (UN: truesoul137 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TrueSoul137 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/280725-Marriage-Rights