*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/283380-Everyone-wants
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #470704
Things I find myself only able to express in words and in this journal - welcome!
#283380 added March 24, 2004 at 9:16pm
Restrictions: None
Everyone wants...

It's kinda funny...we all go through our lives, talking about love, thinking about love, thinking how we're so different from everyone else. But are we really?

Everyone wants to have the perfect relationship, the storybook love, the love portrayed by the media, the body portrayed by the media, everything society makes out to be perfect.

I had to listen to a girl in my Ab. Psych class talk to her friend and she went into this spill about how she needs to get in shape cause it's bikini time and all this other stuff...the same classical lines that everyone always says...goes into a heartfelt story...one that has the same lines everyone always says and you can tell she really believes it all. And she really thinks she's one of the few that has ever said that.

And I just have to sit and wonder about things.

As far as love goes...*sighs* it's never perfect and happy constantly...it just doesn't work that way. And you might think your love will be the exception to all the thousands/millions/billions of other couples.....perhaps it is...but i don't know of anyone who has experienced that.

I've kinda given up on that kinda love. I want honest/mature/enduring/unconditional love. It doesn't have to be perfect, in fact, it'd be boring if it was. I don't want to have the perfect relationship - it'd feel fake if it was always perfect. The storybook love seems nice - but afterall, it is "storybook" love. And as far as the media portrayal of love - sorry...it doesn't always happen like that...

I must go now...

© Copyright 2004 TrueSoul137 (UN: truesoul137 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TrueSoul137 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/283380-Everyone-wants