*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/338245-Unstuck-by-Jane-Anne-Staw
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#338245 added March 31, 2005 at 10:37pm
Restrictions: None
Unstuck by Jane Anne Staw
Yesterday I stopped by the library to replenish my supply of books. The local library has a system where you can donate old romance books and exchange them one for one with new books. Kind of like a second hand bookstores exchange policy except that each book is worth another book rather than having to accumulate enough to cover the purchase price by donating more books at a return price.

Anyway, while I was there I had a look at the section for writing and particularly searched for books about writers block. I came across a book that is on my wish list at Amazon.com called Unstuck: A supportive and practical guide to working through writer's block, by Jane Anne Staw, PH.D.

I've started reading this book today and already it sounds like it will be very helpful for me and the serious impediments I tend to place before my own writing. In her introduction she talks about many different ways writers act when suffering a block and the various blocks that are common and I probably have quite a few triggers for my own blocks.

Hopefully, in reading this book, I'll learn some techniques that can help me conquer my blocks and get onto the serious business of actually writing.

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/338245-Unstuck-by-Jane-Anne-Staw