*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/338247-Procrastinator
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#338247 added March 31, 2005 at 10:46pm
Restrictions: None
Procrastinator
I had an appifiny today. I am the World's greatest Procrastinator. Most procrastinator's declare that they cannot because they have housework/tv/children/planning/dating/this or that project to do. I have found that my best procrastination tool is pregnancy. When the serious prospect of getting into writing full time as a career begins to loom my mind and body start yearning to have a baby.

It's happened twice now, the first time when I was 17. I got pregnant within a month of deciding it was time to have a baby. Mother's will know how difficult it is to continue to write when you have a very young child. Having a baby is a very good excuse not to write.

Then my oldest started Kindy and I started having time on my hands. It was time that could be perfectly filled by writing. 'Nah,' my mind goes, 'lets have ourselves another baby. Don't you want another itty bitty baby?' And so I did, I got pregnant again. And for the past year and a half haven't really written anything with the intent on being published.

Really having a baby is a brilliant way of justifying choosing not to write. The best form of procrastination ever. Who is going to claim that you're just using the needs of your child as an excuse not to put pen to paper? Anyone who tries would seem an evil monster putting the selfish needs ahead of the more important needs of a child.

So, I am the world's best procrastinator. Even now, with my youngest moving out of baby stage into toddler stage and getting the need to write I feel my mind saying, "'bout time for anothing baby don't you think?"

Thankfully, having another child is not an option at the moment. Recently separated there is no man in my life who could provide me with the required genepool. So, having a baby and being a mother of a very young child is no longer going to impede my desire to write.

Now, I guess it's time to hunt around for other means of procrastinating. Hang on, I'm sure it must be time to rotate the washing again, isn't it? *Wink*

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/338247-Procrastinator