*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/338923-3rd-place-Letter-Writing-God-and-Sleeping-Babies
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#338923 added April 4, 2005 at 1:34am
Restrictions: None
3rd place, Letter Writing, God and Sleeping Babies
Woo Hoo! My "Invalid Item entry to the "Invalid Item won 3rd place. *Smile* Mel made an excellect choice when selecting first place, "Invalid Item truly did deserve to win. Anyway, 3rd prize!!! It's my first win since rejoining Writing.com and it feels good to earn an award no matter how small an award it seems.

This contest is actually lots of fun and I'm learning so much about myself. Who would have thought that writing letters such as these would give such insight into myself and the way I view life?

One of the prompts this week was to write a fan letter to a celebrity. I'm not really a fan of anyone in particular so I was racking my brain trying to work out who I'd write to. I decided to get some of the dishes done while I though about the prompt and it came to me while my hands were immersed in suds. God. Well the sense of what the word God represents. Creation. So I wrote, "Invalid Item. I did originally think I could come up with something witty, clever, and perhaps a little tongue in cheek but when I got to writing it this letter turned into something else altogether.

Now stepping away from my writing for a moment to my baby boy. Today mightn't be my best for writing form because I didn't have the best of sleep last night. Joshua is just about to turn one and I decided that it's time he was back in his own cot. He's a terrible bed hog so for the past year I've not slept very well at all. He wakes up every hour or two during the night, kicks, rolls around, snores.

Well, last night I set up his cot in my room put him to bed there. After watching Supernanny I thought I'd give her separation technique a go and you know, it worked. 25 minutes almost to the second and he was fast asleep. Of course he woke during the night and I continued the technique, he'd eventually get back to sleep and as the night progressed the time he slept between waking increased and the time he cried between sleeping decreased. He even woke up happy and naturally this morning. I think it was a big success. Now to keep at it until the time between waking is 11 to 12 hours and the time spent crying is 0 minutes. *Smile*

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/338923-3rd-place-Letter-Writing-God-and-Sleeping-Babies