*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/342434-Woo-Hoo-A-comment
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#342434 added April 20, 2005 at 7:11pm
Restrictions: None
Woo Hoo! A comment!
I recieved a comment on my blog. Woo Hoo! Thanks for reading scarlett_o_h. In response to your comment, re: "Half in and half out of the world

         "I have that eerie 'here and not here' feeling a lot - maybe it's a writer's condition. You do well to write with two demanding youngsters and you express yourself well too. Blow the tidy house - do what YOU want to do, you deserve it!" said scarlett_o_h

I'm glad I'm not alone in having that eerie feeling. Perhaps it does have a relation to being a writer. After all we are often half in and half out of our story as well as our lives. Perhaps my mind was considering the intricate weaves of 'The Dating Game'.

I wish I could disregard the house but I've done it too often in the past. It's only in recent weeks that I've taken a stand against those bad habits. It's my new dedication to a schedule and accepting the things I have to do that keeps life running smoothly lately. It is that dedication that allows me to sit down and write every morning, that dedication is what allows me to know that when I sit down I'll have the words to put on the page.

The routine has made a huge difference to the time I can put aside to do what I WANT to do. If I do what I don't want to do now, then it is done and I can do what I want to do without feeling guilty about what I should have done or should be doing. If I let the house stay messy then tomorrow morning when I'm writing, or even tonight, I'm thinking I should have done those dishes, I should stop writing and go do those dishes, or vaccuum or pick up the toys etc. By having it down when I sit down tomorrow I'll know there is nothing I need to do but my 20 minutes. *Smile*

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/342434-Woo-Hoo-A-comment