*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/342297-Kids-parties-public-toilets-and-5-year-old-poetry
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#342297 added April 20, 2005 at 5:48am
Restrictions: None
Kids parties, public toilets and 5 year old poetry
Well today was a day in a half. Lets just say I'm not keen to repeat it. It was fun but perhaps a little too full on. I borrowed my ex's car so I could take Kaylie to a birthday party today. We started by going shopping for presents for the boy who's birthday we would be celebrating. Of course as always happens when you are stuck in the longest queue of the whole shopping center my daughter needed to go to the toilet. She's so good about trying to hold on as long as possible but the stupid checkout operator was stuffing around trying to get something back into the box that she'd broken so it held everything up. I should have left the trolly there and just grabbed the kids.

Anyway, long story short she ended up having a slight accident. Not enough to leave puddles but enough to wet the clothes she was dressed in to wear for the party. Since we were at the shops anyway I just bought something new to change her into. (I love being in a financial position to do that, it's still a fairly new position. *Smile* ) I wrapped the presents and we had hot dogs for lunch.

Then we went off to the party. She had a lot of fun playing with her school friend and his sister and some other kids from around their neighbourhood. I enjoyed chatting with the Mums and Josh had some fun too, especially the cake. *Smile* Kaylie started crying her little heart out when it was time to leave but she always does. I don't know how to get around that problem except to make our exits quickly.

We stopped in MacDonald's to pick up dinner on the way home and for a toilet break. Unsuspecting us. Stupid MacDonalds. There wasn't enough toilet paper. Thankfully I keep wet wipes in my purse so it wasn't a total dilema, just frustrating. Why don't they keep their toilets well stocked? Stupid public toilets.

After we got home I sat on the computer to check how Ebay was going, check my Email etc. I popped over to poetry.com to do the latest Haiku and Kaylie saw the cut little bunny picture. Of course she asked what I was doing so I told her about poetry and offered to let her write one. Not the haiku, the specifics of form would turn her off trying, but we worked together and produced some cute, simple, rhyming poetry. See "Invalid Entry. It was pretty interesting and I would have done more with her but three for today is pretty good. We'll do some more tomorrow and add them to that book entry.

Other than that there is little to tell. TV tonight and perhaps I should write some more of my own poetry. I might actually get around to studying the magazines I have. Take a fairly easy night to settle down the rather busy day. *Smile*

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/342297-Kids-parties-public-toilets-and-5-year-old-poetry