*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/352125-Comparing-Commander-Styles-Values
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #941759
Opinion and views on what is and what is not being reported on...
#352125 added June 7, 2005 at 10:34am
Restrictions: None
Comparing Commander Styles, Values
My son is in the Army.

His first commander moved onward and upward... as is it is with the military...

There is a Murphy's Law, I believe, the one that says, a person will rise till they reach their level of incompetence. Now… that is a reassuring thought….

Anyway… the NEW commander is nothing like the old commander… I don’t know him or his wife, but it has been like a slap in the face…

And I have witnessed an about face in attitude and values among the other wives…

I have watched as the Website, set up by the original Commander, has been transformed… from a supportive, understanding group of family members… to a bunch of ass kissing, nit picking… something that I am suppose to be OH so eternally grateful for, and never mention any frustrations, like I missed a call from my son the other day…

What absolute BULLSHIT…

THE NEW COMMANDER… has a two year old son… I hope that by the time his son is my son’s age… there aren’t any more wars… no more American Soldiers being deployed half a world away… so the new commander and his wife will never know my fears and frustrations.

In the meantime… I do not think he is fit for command, and his wife is certainly not ready to shinning example of a military leaders wife. Pride and selfishness has fallen many a military leader… I just hope this new commander does not take my son down with him.

My son's first commander had a son enlistment age... evidently him and his wife were facing some of the same fears that all of us non-military family members are, and it came through loud and clear in their interaction with us.

I guess that is were experience is a major factor in the military. God help us, not only are the Army and Marines recruitment numbers off... re-enlistment of experience Officers is falling off too... and that is not something that is being broadcast.

No, I do not like my son's new commander, or his wife... their attitude and values are way different than what I experienced with my son's first experienced Commander. I hope my son does not feel the same way I do, or know what I know about this new Commander.

As for being so fortunate to have the Website... WE ONCE WERE...

Sincerely,
A Soldier's Mother

© Copyright 2005 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/352125-Comparing-Commander-Styles-Values