*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/361982-Lots-to-catch-up-on--New-Project
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#361982 added July 26, 2005 at 3:37am
Restrictions: None
Lots to catch up on + New Project
I can't believe how long it's been since I've read other blogs. I'm feeling a bit swamped about it actually because there are so many entries that it's hard to catch up. But, I don't want to miss anything either so I can't go skipping any entries.

For those listed in my Member Blogs beware that I'm likely to deluge you with blog comments shortly. I'll try to catch up and I'll try to make sure I leave comments on everything. *Smile* Bare with me however, because I'm a fair way behind and it could take me a while to catch up with you.

I'm actually considering a new project at the moment. It's kind of an old project that I had put aside for a while to focus on other things. Obviously I'm working on my romance novel, "Invalid Item (thanks to everyone who've given me feedback so far, your comments have been tremendously helpful), but, I'm also planning to get back into the web design I used to do and hopefully back into roleplaying.

A long time ago, 1998 I created Outlanda Games and in December 2003 I handed it over to my second in command and left it in her capable hands so that I could focus on my family and my writing. I had Josh in April 2004 and had been fairly busy with that side of things for the last year. Now life is settling down again and I'm really missing Outlanda Games. I remember her fondly and have frequently stopped back there to see how my baby was doing.

Well it's falling into quiet at the moment and I'm kind of hoping that my former 2IC, Mino, will consider handing over the reigns again. She's very busy herself and I know from previous experience of running the site that you have to put a lot of time and effort into it to keep things running smoothly. I think her lack of time is what has caused the site to fall so far behind it's previous success.

Of course, I don't know if she'll be willing to give it up now she's put so much of herself into it. It certainly isn't easy. I remember the anguish and turmoil I went through when giving it up in December 2003 and have never really let it go completely. If Mino cannot part with the site I'm thinking of creating another.

Either way it's still in the consideration factor. I'd have a lot of work ahead of me if I decided to go ahead with it but these days I'm in the financial position to do so and I'm also in the position of having the sort of time required to make it work. I miss programming, roleplaying and even shockingly enough administration. It would be wonderful to get back into things with the knowledge gained the first time I ran the site and in the years between.

So, while nothing is concrete yet I may have a new project to look forward too. *Smile*

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/361982-Lots-to-catch-up-on--New-Project