*Magnify*
    August     ►
SMTWTFS
    
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/397758-Garden-Time
by katsy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #1037161
humorous and serious observations of life
#397758 added January 8, 2006 at 3:22pm
Restrictions: None
Garden Time
For those of you living in colder climes, you probably will think I've gone completely around the bend. But, for those of us who live in the South or Southwest, it is time to plant your garden. So, it's rake, dig in manure and compost, decide where to plant what and then get it planted. If you want broccoli, cabbage, spinach, parsley and peas, you have to plant now or they will burn up before they have time to mature. It's early and we have to play a sort of gardening russian roulette with the weather, but that's what makes it fun. We keep covers and extra mulching hay to cover everything with if a Norther is blowing in. Then, when it warms back up a few days later, we uncover everything. We lose a plant here and there, but for the most part they are tough little buggers and survive and thrive.

In April the warm weather plants will go in and by July most of it will be harvested or burned up, depending on how hot it is this year.

Between gardening and trying to finish the book to get it to the publisher on time, my days fly by. The slowest time of the year for me will be July, August and September, because it is too hot to get out and do much of anything. So, I find that in the winter I work outside and in the summer I stay in for the most part. It's a weird kind of life, but it seems to work.

So, I hope you are all well and happy. I need to get back to my writing. Will post a few more chapters in my portfolio in the next week or so, for those of you who are keeping up with it. Adios.

© Copyright 2006 katsy (UN: feyrhy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
katsy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/397758-Garden-Time