*Magnify*
    August     ►
SMTWTFS
    
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/395186-Waiting-to-Greet-the-New-Year
by katsy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #1037161
humorous and serious observations of life
#395186 added December 28, 2005 at 3:06pm
Restrictions: None
Waiting to Greet the New Year
I've always been partial to the week between Christmas and New Year's Day. There is something about a new year that always makes me hopeful and expectant. Exactly what I'm expecting I'm never quite sure of. Maybe winning the lottery or a week at a spa. But, like most people, I just work and play my way through the year and before I know it, the next New Year's Day is approaching.
I've never been one to make New Year's resolutions as I already know that they won't last past February 1st. So this year I decided to make a new year's resolution in November. I resolved to get my book finished and off to a publisher by the end of February. And, you know what, I'm almost finished with it and have begun to write my cover letter and synopsis. So, maybe I have found the secret to making resolutions that you can keep. Just make them before Thanksgiving.
There are a few things I'd like to do this coming year. I want to get my garden in early for a change so the tomatoes won't burn up before I've eaten my fill. I want to get my front closet cleaned out so I can see what's in there and have a place to actually hang coats.
But, the most important thing that I want to do this year is keep in closer contact with all my friends and family. I have a tendency to let time slip by without a note or letter or phone call. As you get older, you realize that you have reached the 'short timer' stage and must make every minute count. So, I'm going to make a list of all the people I want to keep in touch with regularly and no matter how tired or overworked I feel, I'm going to write or call them.
I'm also going to try not to fall off the deck, not to run my bank account into overdraft, not to forget birthdays and most importantly, I'm not going to whine or complain about all the little stuff that I can't do anything about anyway. Like a tee shirt said, "Don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff". A little suggestive but so true.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!! Katsy

© Copyright 2005 katsy (UN: feyrhy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
katsy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/395186-Waiting-to-Greet-the-New-Year