*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/399493-Raindrops
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #911202
My first ever Writing.com journal.
#399493 added January 15, 2006 at 2:17am
Restrictions: None
Raindrops
dear first week of school,

thank you sincerely for sucking so badly when you know how fragile my convictions are right now. thank you for sending such nasty weather when you know i know i need new wiper blades, for sending cold fronts on the heels of heat spells when you know i currently have no immune system.

thank you for completely fucking up my class schedule. it was quite a pain in the ass to run back and forth between four different buildings at four different corners of the campus, but it made it all worth it to find that three of the four expected professors weren't at school anyway! it was especially thrilling to do all that running in the rain, and then in the freezing cold wind, and then in the rain again. my internal doppler radar doesn't get enough practice; thank you for the much-needed opportunity.

thank you for bouncing back my very important email to professor hayes, without which consideration i might never have met the new troll in the philosophy department. i mean, really, a charming lady. i always say it takes all types, all god's critters got a place in the choir, and i just don't meet enough educators who really really detest students. so it was eye-opening and valuable to meet this one, to spend thirty-four minutes boiling in her office, and there was a delicious irony in the fact that, in the end, she couldn't give me what i'd come for, anyway. the stuff of dreams.

thank you for everything that's currently going on with marcus. because really, it's nothing to juggle a twenty-hour schoolweek, a seven-hour workweek, an editorial position on the literary magazine, quiz bowl practice, mentoring, three dozen melodramatic friends and a new roommate. i don't know how i'd fill all the free time if i didn't have something to constantly cry about. and lord knows i can't stand it when things are going well, with him. not like i care about him much, or anything.

and thank you especially for screwing with the moon so that my period came a week early. i sure was excited about that.

all in all, week, you've done a hell of a job of welcoming me back to sunny atlanta. i've got my fingers crossed for another one just like you.

barfingly, and with much hate,

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

© Copyright 2006 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/399493-Raindrops