*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/428984-Tour-bus-captive
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#428984 added May 28, 2006 at 2:04am
Restrictions: None
Tour bus captive
I've missed me deadline for the day it seems. My husband's sister and her husband, newly arrived in the States from London, are with us for the weekend. I can't help picking up his accent. I even do that when I read stories that are written in a different dialect, so you know it rubs off on me in person. I have to be really careful if I'm with someone with a stammer.

Toni was telling us about the garden Collin has planted, and how he came in the other day when the first seed had sprouted and said, "You should come see me pea in the garden."

We spent hours in the car showing him all the important local places in Bill's and her life. I've taken this tour several times and wished I'd had a book with me; but that wouldn't do now, would it?

Mother always liked to go out for a drive and never remembered anything about where she'd been, so the various homes and schools, places of work and recreation have been pointed out many, many times now. He was always so patient with her. It's the least I can do to be patient with the tour and the stories, which will continue tomorrow as we do the Memorial Day thing at the cemetary. Collin is certainly being patient with it all as well. He's a welcome addition to the family.




© Copyright 2006 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/428984-Tour-bus-captive