*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/450654-August-is-Almost-Over
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#450654 added August 25, 2006 at 9:45pm
Restrictions: None
August is Almost Over
6 Asma 163 B.E. - August 25, 2006 A.D.

August is almost over. Today is the 25th, which means there are six day left in the month. It is almost time for students to go back to school, in fact classes start on August 30 in Las Vegas this year. That means drivers are going to have to watch the school zones really close.

I always like August as a child. I miss August in Oklahoma, I must be getting old because I'm waxing nostalgic about August in Oklahoma. I'm not sure I would like to move back, but I would like to visit. See what changed and what stayed the same, find out if there is anyone still there that I knew. When I was going to high school every one I knew couldn't wait to graduate and get out of Oklahoma. I think it had something to do with the tornados. After while storm cellars no longer hold any mysteries and all smell the same when you've been in them a while. The thing I always found upsetting about storm cellars is they had no bath rooms. If you had to go to the toilet in a storm cellar, you went in the dark and used the drain that was in cement floor so the cellar wouldn't hold water; that is if it had a cement floor and a drain. I don't know what people did if the cellar had a dirt floor.



© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/450654-August-is-Almost-Over