*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/450764-Cat-Troubles
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#450764 added August 26, 2006 at 2:27pm
Restrictions: None
Cat Troubles
7 Asma 163 B.E. - August 26, 2006 A.D.

She got her name because she was second of Rusty's kittens to get out of her box. Trouble's eyes weren't opened but you couldn't keep her in the box with the rest of the litter. The only time she would remain in the box was when she was nursing or asleep.

The smallest one of the litter, you wouldn't have thought she could crawl out of the box the was she did. She would climb up the sides of the card board box that held the kittens. The other's seemed happy to stay with their mother or with each other, but not Troubles. She would climb out of the box, then crawl across the floor. I don't know where she thought she was going.

If my mom or I didn't find her the minutes she got out of the box either Rusty or Spec would find her and put her back in the box. Spec was a Springer Spaniel and she thought that all of Rusty's kittens were her babies. Rusty didn't mind Specs picking the kitten up or washing them. However, Rusty didn't want Balou, Vashtie or DC near her kittens.

Today Troubles is a fully grown cat, though she is still the smallest one of the pride. At night Troubles sleeps with me, she doesn't like me to get up in the middle of the night. If I get up, she sits on the bed and waits for me to get back in bed. After I go back to bed she lays on my chest, so I don't get up again. During the day, when I'm at the computer, she puts her claws in my arm or leg to get my attention. She does put the claws in deep enough to draw blood, just enough to get my attention. That is a cat called Troubles.

© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/450764-Cat-Troubles