*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/468025-To-Blog-or-Not-To-Blog
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#468025 added November 11, 2006 at 8:12am
Restrictions: None
To Blog or Not To Blog
Well it really isn't a question. I'm here, blogging. But basically it's a statement of the lack of desire to do so. I'd like to write a poem but that's not happening either. I spent the day being completely unproductive. I'm moody and in a thouraghly unpleasant mood which I'm trying not to take out on others. What I need is a good chick flick. Alas, free TV isn't cooperating, so I have three choices, Independence Day, one of the chick flicks I've seen two dozen times already from my own meager collection or a book.

Actually there are four options, the other would be to return to Sims 2: Pets and play that for another couple of hours until bed.

Or, really there are five and six options, housework, or an early night.

None of the above are of any particular appeal.

Talked to my ex today. He'll be visiting the kids tomorrow afternoon to say goodbye and flies back to the US on Monday. I thought he'd already left. *sighs* Now I know I'll have to deal with another bounce from my kids and I thought I'd got around a bad one by having him leave without a drawn out goodbye. It's rough on them and while I understand that it's important they have a relationship with their father I can't help but wonder if what little they do have does more harm then good. I know that being subjected to the stranger my father became was pretty detrimental to me in the long term. Of course I was already in a bad mood before I found out he'd be visiting tomorrow.

Kaylie hurt herself today. She probably has whiplash. She was bouncing on the living room chair and before I had the chance to turn around and tell her to sit down she fell and wacked her head against the windowsill. No concussion or anything like that, no blood, no unconciousness but she had a sore head and neck. I gave her something for the pain but I expect she'll really know about it in the morning. I'd feel more sympathetic if I thought she might have learnt from the experience but I expect to find her bouncing on the chair again sometime soon. *sighs*

Right now she's settled in on the couch watching The Wizard of Oz. It's interesting seeing the old classic again. It must have been quite intense for children back in the day. It deals with some aspects that young kids would find terrifying. Still, it's based on some good morals and I know it turns well in the end.

Well there it is, a blog entry, if you can call it that. Hopefully I'll be in a better mood tomorrow.

© Copyright 2006 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/468025-To-Blog-or-Not-To-Blog