*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/472624-My-other-fork-in-the-road
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#472624 added December 2, 2006 at 10:02pm
Restrictions: None
My other fork in the road
First, my learning from this morning, beyond the mechanics: I got more responses with a truncated blog, abandoned in the middle with a request for help, than I do usually.

Hmmm...I'll have to use that technique some more!

Second, I learned that 'suser' wasn't a misprint. Erik, you old suser you!

Third, as a member of Erik's campfire "Invalid Item it was my turn. It didn't seem like near enough time had passed, but I posted something that I wrote, distractedly, as I watched NCIS. And then afterwards I happened on Erik's blog and read about the holes and switch arounds in the schedule.

This morning I got a review from someone for a flash story hidden in my port, as far as I knew, which was evidently alluded to in the Action/Adventure newsletter, to which I haven't subscribed. Mistakenly thinking it was all dialogue, I emailed Erik to see if I could substitute it for the trash I'd entered about playing bridge. So, several back-and-forths later, the link appeared in the campfire.

I re-read it, saw it had some non-dialogue in it, and edited it, thereby unwittingly (don't you love that word?) leaving a shortened version for anyone else who clicks from the newsletter link. So...then I reposted the original in my port and linked it back at the bottom of the dialogue only version.

I should have warned you this blog wasn't worth reading, but maybe you'll skip it because it's the second of the day.

Anyway, I'm telling you all of this because I'm proud that I figured out some way to undo my own dilemma, even if it probably sucks. To appreciate my pride, I'll have to admit to being happy when I learned how to change a vacuum cleaner bag. Sigh. *Laugh*

So, y'all come out and see Erik's campfire and sign up. We need some more good dialoguers, and a way to tell 'em what a good job they've done. BTW, W.D. Wilcox's Dialogue 500 Contest is great too.

© Copyright 2006 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/472624-My-other-fork-in-the-road