*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/472866-under-the-weather
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#472866 added December 3, 2006 at 9:01pm
Restrictions: None
under the weather
Everything outside is frosty white. I got to church this morning shortly after 7, right before the rector. The heat must have been turned up high to warm the place before services, and I was overheated and sweaty. The grandson of a friend of mine was being baptised, and my daughter and the twins were in town because the baby's aunt is a good friend of my daughter. She's on her way, moving from sunny California to Northern Michigan-- this is a girl who said she'd never live north of California again!

I expected my daughter to show for the baptism, but when she didn't, thought she'd decided to come to the later service so the twins could go to Sunday school. Didn't happen.

I got too chilly between services, then back to the heat, but it must have been turned down some. Tried calling home before I left there to see if they wanted to meet me for lunch before hitting the road, but no answer. Remembered that I'd left my cell phone on the charger, so drove home. (Bill stayed for choir practice.) They had left me a note saying they were going on. I put my hand in my coat pocket to stow my gloves, and it came out all black. My pen had leaked. Sigh. I was not my cheerful best.

But then BIll came and picked me up, took me out for a really good tomato basil soup and prime rib. We've been looking at Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios on Google Earth, and trying to decide which, if any, shore excursions we want to take. Anyone out there with any experience in those places?

Now I'm cold again and can't seem to get warm, feel like I'm coming down with something. Ugh. No time to be sick, although better this week than next when I'm getting ready for the cruise. Maybe this is just a reaction to the news that yet another cruise ship has come down with the Norovirus. I hope that's all.

© Copyright 2006 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/472866-under-the-weather