*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/478461-A-New-Year
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#478461 added January 2, 2007 at 9:02am
Restrictions: None
A New Year
3 Sharaf 163 B.E. – January 2, 2007

Well, it’s a new Gregorian year. Traditionally it’s a time to begin new ventures, set new goals and make new resolutions. I’m beginning this year off on good footing. I made a New Year’s Day entry into my Gratitude Journal and in my Writing My Spiritual Journey Journal, I wrote a letter to Baha’u’llah listing everything I wanted to accomplish in 2007. I started a new pen and paper journal called 2007 The Year of the Poem, one of my goal-resolutions for 2007 is to write a poem everyday. In addition, I started the year with my bank account in the green and without a traffic ticket hanging over my head.

I still have some things to worry about, but I’m not going to recount my worries at this time. Rather I think I’ll look at the positive aspects of my life for the next few days. My writing is going well, I have several poems and stories I need to rewrite and a novel to finish. These are all positives. The more I have to focus on the less I focus on my worries. I have decided to take a new approach to my slow telephone connection to the internet. Instead of distressing over how long it takes to connect, I’m going to either read or write something. If I focus on doing something else it doesn’t seem to take as long to get connected.

I didn’t stay up to welcome 2007 in again this year. It just doesn’t seem worth the trouble to watch a New Year being born. Maybe I’m getting wise or I just don’t see the point in all the hullabaloo. Nothing is going to change in the world just because a New Year started. If we (humanity) want the world to change we’re going to have to do it ourselves and the first place to start change is at the grassroots level. The world situation isn’t going to change unless the individual changes her/his self and then works to change the neighborhood, city, state, nation and world. If we try to change the world without changing our attitudes and ourselves then I doubt that we’re going to change a lot.

Last night I went to be early, actually excessively early. I’m going to have to start going to be later than 6:00 p.m. or maybe it was 7:00 p.m. I didn’t actually go to sleep because I read a chapter in my class book and said some prayers, but it was too early. I take the phone with me to the bedroom and someone called to arrange to come to the house this afternoon. The problem was I didn’t know what day it was when she called. This happens when I go to bed too early. OK, so if I have a clock by the bed it would help. Guess that’s what I’ll have to get next is a clock. I don’t want an electric clock. I like the old fashion windup alarm clock to put beside my bed. That way if the electricity goes off in the middle of the night, I don’t have to go into the living room to see what time it is.

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/478461-A-New-Year