*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/481336-Chapter-4
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #1202586
A problematic teenage girl is hurled into a world that no average human is aware of.
#481336 added January 14, 2007 at 7:04pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 4
      I awoke with a jolt by the sound of my cell phone ringing rather loudly.  Answering it quickly to insure that it would not wake anyone, I held it to my ear and yawned.
“Hello…?” I said sounding exhausted.
“Ah, Angel, have I woken you?”  It was a soft, low feminine voice that sounded familiar.
“Who is this?” I snapped out of my daze and glanced at the clock.  The glowing green numbers read five thirty in the morning.  I silently cursed the stranger on the other end.
“It is not who I am that you should be concerned with, but what you have now become.”
“What?  What are you talking about?  Who is this?”  I kept my voice quiet so as to not disturb the girls’ slumber, but I still held an apparent agitated tone.  “What the hell do you want with me?”
“I want you to meet me after sunset in the cemetery.”  As soon as she had finished her request, the line went dead.  At that moment, I was dizzy from confusion and fatigue.  I settled down on my blanket on the floor to sort my thoughts, and then closed my eyes.  I once again awoke abruptly, only, this time I was in a cold sweat.  Glancing at the clock once more, the numbers read four forty-five A.M.  ‘How could that be?’ I thought to myself.  I managed to conjure up the thought that my prior conversation had been a fabricated dream.  Laying my head on the small pillow, I fell asleep once again.
© Copyright 2007 K.L.Jones (UN: shades_of_life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
K.L.Jones has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/481336-Chapter-4