*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/494451-031207---Ode-To-My-Crockpot
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1206540
Middle-Age Spread is NOT a Condiment!
#494451 added March 12, 2007 at 5:44pm
Restrictions: None
03/12/07 - Ode To My Crockpot
I love my crockpot. That's a weird statement to make, isn't it? I bet you don't hear too many young people making that remark. But, it's true. It makes life so convenient for me. You just throw whatever it is you're making into it, turn it on and forget about it - all day. How great is that?

The only reason that I am carrying-on about it is because yesterday we messed up - dinner-wise. I took a roast out of the freezer and it never defrosted in time for dinner. I know I could have defrosted it in the microwave, but I don't like defrosting meat that way. It seems to draw the blood and other juices out of the meat. It sits there in a puddle of mixed fluids. Yuck! To be perfectly honest with you, I really didn't feel like making a roast. However, I am so regimented with my weekly menu that I had to follow it. The menu said 'roast beef', therefore, out of the freezer it came.

Since we couldn't eat the roast, we had to have something else. We ended-up eating the absolutely artery-clogging McDonald's. What a disappointment that was. The McDonald's that my husband went to is not far from our house. Maybe a five minute drive. When he brought the food home the fries were cold and hard, and the burger was like shoe leather. Not that I really know what shoe leather tastes like. Then again, after that meal, I do.

I haven't had fast food in a long time. It's just something we don't eat. It is very rare, and usually out of desperation. Like yesterday when the roast wasn't defrosted in time. But it re-confirms my opinion that it just isn't good food. I feel sorry for people who eat it on a regular basis and think it is. I could understand children liking it, after all, they get a prize in their Happy Meals. I think I should get some kind of prize for eating their food and living to tell about it too. Why not hand-out free movie rentals, or something like that? Believe me, you deserve a prize for eating that food.

Back to my crockpot. This morning I will throw some vegetables and the roast in it, and we will have a hassle-free dinner tonight. Not only that, it will be ready when we walk in the door. Whoever invented the crockpot should have gotten the Nobel Prize, or some other prestigious award. Okay, I know I am over the top on that statement. In fact, I should just end this now before I start sounding too odd. I hope I don't write an Ode to My Oven tomorrow.

Have a great day!

© Copyright 2007 Victoria (UN: vlm0325 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Victoria has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/494451-031207---Ode-To-My-Crockpot