*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/513259-Exercises
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#513259 added June 5, 2007 at 4:07pm
Restrictions: None
Exercises
1 Nur 164 B.E. – Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Mom and I went to the Feast of Nur last night. We took her wheel chair and she sit through feast in it. Everyone said how great it was to see her. Now you might ask what does this have to do with exercises. A great deal because Mom wants to go to the next Feast walking without the wheel chair or walker. If we do all her exercise the way they are supposed to be done, then I think she will probably go without the wheel chair.

Besides walking down the hall three times a day, Mom has three different exercises to do each three times a day. There are the sitting down exercise, the standing up exercises and the laying down exercises. I’m not sure how long each group takes, but I’ll know soon. I’m going to time the exercises and see how long it takes her to do them each day.

When we came home from The Feast last night, I got Mom into the house using her walking. Normally when I take her in and out of the house, I do it in the wheel chair, but last night I couldn’t get myself to use the wheel chair to bring her into the house. It was a combination of being just too tired to get it, with her in it, through the door and a feeling I shouldn’t attempt that maneuver as tired as I was. It worked better getting her into the house that way.

Today when her therapist came, he put her new shoes on her. He didn’t have any trouble doing it, so I shouldn’t either. She is going to be wearing her shoes everyday, even when we go out to the Doctor or whatever. It’s a lot easier getting her into and out of both the house and car using a walker. I’ll take the wheel chair with us, but as soon as she can use the walker safely, then the wheel chair goes.

I’ve got burses all over my arms putting that wheel chair in and taking it out of the trunk. When the people brought it, they told me it would fit in the backseat of the car when folded. I’ve never been able to get it into the backseat, I’ve always had to put it in the trunk. The leg rest that attach to it, I can put in the backseat, but not the wheel chair itself.

Last night before coming home, I stopped at Food for Less to get a filter for the air-conditioned and trash bags. I ended up, also, getting a package for frozen leg quarters. They are in the fridge now, I’m going to cut each quarter apart and then put them into baggies. I don’t know how many there were, but they should last us the rest of the week. I’ll sure be glad when Mom can use the walker instead of the wheel chair. It’s difficult and time consuming to take her in anywhere, what with having to put on and take off the leg rests every time we get in or out of the car. Then there is putting the wheel chair in and out of the trunk, besides Mom’s uncomfortable setting in it.

The exercises should help to get her using the walker more. In addition, her feet have been swelling and the exercises should help that. Tomorrow I have to take her to Quest Diagnostics; she needs to have another blood test.

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/513259-Exercises