*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/513536-Food
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#513536 added June 6, 2007 at 6:14pm
Restrictions: None
Food
2 Nur 164 B.E. – Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The Spirit breathing through the Holy Scriptures is food for all who hunger
Abdu'l-Baha, Paris Talks, p. 56


There are two types of food to feed the human race. One feeds the body and the other the spirit. Food for the spirit comes from the sacred scriptures of all religions. We consume spiritual food through reading the scriptures and meditating on them.

From Writing My Spiritual Journey – 1 Nur 164 B.E.
(my off line journal)


The Holy Spirit is food for all humanity. It’s through the sacred scriptures of every religion that this food is received. This is why when I read the scripture of other religions I can feel the echoes of the Holy Spirit flowing through the scriptures. This is why when I read the scriptures revealed by The Bab and Baha’u’llah, I can feel the Holy Spirit speaking directly to my soul. I can also feel the presence of the Holy Spirit when I read the writings of ‘Abdu’l-Baha.

*Snow1**Snow2**Snow3*


Speaking of food, I went to Star Bucks on Monday night. I didn’t intend to go there when we left home, but I had to pay my internet provider for another month and their brick and mortar office is on the way to the Baha’i Center. What with gas prices being what they are, (I paid about 3.11 per gallon Monday morning when I got gas) I make as few extra trips as possible. Anyway, the feast started at 7:30 pm and the provider’s office closes at 6:00 pm. I started out at a little after 5:00 pm, (OK, so I don’t know how to coordinate time slots). I paid my provider and then went to the center. I would have stayed at the center and waited if Mom hadn’t had to go to the bathroom. There is a Star Bucks on Rainbow, we went to the Star Bucks, Mom used the bathroom and then we order one of the cold ice tea drinks. It was regular ice tea with passion something or other; a fruity tea drink. I suspect things are looking up, it’s been over a year since I went to a Star Bucks. The next thing to do is to get a prime rib somewhere or go to the Red Lobster for some fish.

*Snow1**Snow2**Snow3*


Prime Rib


Cooked to medium perfection
Raw horseradish spread across the top
Baked potato with sour cream and butter

My cholesterol level goes up at least three points
Just thinking about this heavenly treat
Why is it
That the things I desire most in life
I either can’t afford
Or it isn’t good for me

I suppose if I could afford it everyday
I either wouldn’t want it
Or I would die of clogged arteries

That being the case
It’s probably just as well
That poverty doesn’t test my will power
To resist the thick slab of beef
That haunts my dreams

Why is it
That what I want most
Floats just beyond my reach
Beckoning to me
Teasing me
Seducing me
Like a lover caressing my mind and soul
With sweet nothings
Whispered in my ear

OK, so maybe it’s time for me to find a way to have a prime rib. When I start writing poems about food, it’s a good sign that I need to go out and get that food item.

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/513536-Food