*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/521857-No-Excuses-Just-a-Ranting-Update
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#521857 added July 17, 2007 at 11:42am
Restrictions: None
No Excuses, Just a Ranting Update
5 Kalimat 164 B.E. – July 17, 2007 at 8:33:54 AM PDT

Well for someone who’s supposed to make an entry at least every other day, I think I blew it. It’s not that I haven’t been on line, I have. In fact, I did some reviews, posted poems for the 21 Day Challenge, and enter the Daily Flash Fiction challenge. Why I haven’t made an entry in this blog I’m not sure. Actually, I haven’t made entries in any of my blogs. I also have to post to some groups and do some rewrites. It’s going to take me a while to catch up, but I’ll do it.

I’m not going to say very much about house work. I move the furniture the other day looking for gas change. I found $0.43. OK, that won’t buy a gallon of gas. A check came in yesterday and I got $5.00 in gas. It was a $10.00 check and I had to buy toilet paper and trash bags. In addition, a $10.00 Star Bucks card came in the mail, so I now have coffee for a while and still have $0.05 on the card. The Star Bucks card is refillable; I’m going to have another $10.00 put on it.

I’ve been without coffee for about three days to a week. I drank hot tea and it’s not the same. I’m going to use the Star Bucks card as an emergency coffee fund. At my age running out of coffee and going a week or so without it isn’t an option. I don’t mind sacrifices, but not having coffee because you ran out of it and didn’t have the money to buy it isn’t a sacrifice. A sacrifice is something one does willingly, not because of a necessity. I had the girl at Star Bucks grind the coffee for a regular cone filter coffee maker, even though I’m using a peculator. I still need to get filters for the other coffee maker. I also need to find the coffee grinder. I’m not sure where I put it. It’s possible it’s in the china closet, if that’s where it’s at; I won’t be able to get it for a while. I have a table setting in front of the door to the china closet because Mom’s still using a hospital bed and the bed is in the dinning room. I want my house back to normal!

I want other things as well. Eventually I’ll get them I’m just getting impatient. I haven’t been to a restaurant in about five months. I’m not talking about fast food such as KFC, I’m talking about a real set down place where you go in and a waiter/waitress brings your food to the table. I think we’ll attempt to use the Red Lobster card soon. The card is for $10.00, so I need to make sure we have a little over that in case we want to order $20.00 or more and have a tip. In addition, I want a Marie Calendar’s pie; I think the last time I had one was the beginning of April.

Well, I think that’s all for today. The washing machine just went off, so I have to put the cloths in the dryer and put some dishes away in the cupboards. I’m tired of doing all the house work myself. I want help! OK, so I’m probably not going to get help unless I pay for it and with gas prices the way they are I’m not paying good gas money for house cleaning services. One must have their priorities.

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/521857-No-Excuses-Just-a-Ranting-Update