*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/521286-Day-1-of-21-Day-Poetry-Challenge-II
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#521286 added July 14, 2007 at 11:03pm
Restrictions: None
Day 1 of 21 Day Poetry Challenge II
2 Kalimat 164 B.E. - Saturday, July 14, 2007 8:02:11 PM PDT

The first day of "Invalid Item"   [] by A Guest Visitor has begun and indeed is almost over. The deadline for posting the poetic responses to the first prompt is 10:00 pm writing.com time. I finish my response early this morning. Fifty participants began the first day. I glanced at a few of the other responses after I finish and posted my eulogy. I haven’t read or rated any of the responses yet, I’m not sure why except that I think I’m still a little off my reading and rating routine. I’m getting back into it though.

Writing my own eulogy was enlightening and difficult, especially since there were certain words I couldn’t use. I had to look deep within myself to find the words. I enjoyed writing the poem, it stretched me pushed me to go deep into my soul.

Now that the first day is over and I can’t make any changes to the poem until after the challenge is completed, I’m obsessing over it. OK, so this is nothing new for me. I’m one of those people that doesn’t panic until the emergency is over. Afterwards I’m a basket case. I can think of what I could have done better or what I should have done. One person has already rated the poem and thinks I did 5.0 job, so I’m probably obsessing over nothing; which is normal for me.

However, I’m tired of being normal for me. I want to be able to write a poem and not obsess over the finished work. I want to be able to take an action and not should on myself afterwards. I suppose anyone reading this is wondering what brought on this bout of self-reflection other then standing in front of a mirror. I’m not sure it was completely the poem. I think it was a combination of things, none of which I want to get into in this post (I’ll save them for another post or a short story). Therefore, I’m going to let anyone reading this look at the poem "Invalid Entry.

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/521286-Day-1-of-21-Day-Poetry-Challenge-II