*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/522406-Yo-Yo-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#522406 added July 19, 2007 at 5:56pm
Restrictions: None
Yo-Yo Day
7 Kalimat 164 BE – July 19, 2007 at 2:55:34 PM PDT

The wind blows through the stone pine trees causing the limbs to sway continually. The limbs wave at the crystal blue sky decorated with a few white fluffy clouds. The humidity is about 18%, it isn’t out of the ordinary for any time of year. This is the monsoon season; the humidity should be at least 20% to make an impression on the locals, to make it a bit uncomfortable for people acclimatized to the desert heat.

The wind causes the trouble especially for anyone with a phone connection to the internet. The wind makes this a yo-yo day, causes the connection to disappear without warning. Irritating, but not to the point of finding something else to do. The yo-yoing is just another inconvenience of poverty; the ability to a high-speed connection doesn’t end inconveniences because wealth has its own set of inconveniences for us to confront. Life is full of inconveniences the only difference between the inconvenience of wealth and the inconvenience of poverty is money.

The yo-yoing of my internet connection has taught me one thing. Patience is not only a virtue, but it’s a necessity, especially when you can only afford a telephone interconnection. Patience is a necessity of poverty. Patience is a necessity of wealth. Patience is something I need to work on a lot more.

This is a yo-yo day; a day when your internet connection periodically walks off into never never land. The connection reestablishes itself most of the time; perhaps not quickly after all it is a phone connection not wireless or cable modem. A phone connection means it’s usually slow as molasses in January.

A yo-yo day makes review interesting. You have to make sure you store your review incase your connection goes out in mid review. There is the old saying that goes “When in doubt, save the program” or in this cases the review.

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/522406-Yo-Yo-Day