*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/523412-Monsoon-Season-and-Lightning
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#523412 added July 24, 2007 at 9:15am
Restrictions: None
Monsoon Season and Lightning
12 Kalimat 164 B.E. – Tuesday, July 24, 2007 at 6:09:55 AM PDT

Monsoon season is finally here. Yesterday before dawn it rained. Last night before going to bed, I heard thunder. After I went to bed, I saw distant lightning. It’s a little cooler, especially mornings after the night’s rain. It rained last night. It’s suppose to rain today, but I don’t know about that, I’ll wait to see if it does. Yesterday it didn’t rain during the day, although it ranged from cloudy to partly cloudy all day. The clouds cleared enough in the late afternoon for the blue sky to show through.

A little bit of rain on the local roads and the accidents increase. The more rain we get the better chance of flooding. The flood control district spent a lot of money on flood control project. They did work on the Charleston Underpass, attempting to prevent it from filling with water during a heavy rain. The problem is it hasn’t rained enough in the past few years to see if it worked. It’s not a big deal, there are ways to avoid the Underpass. One can go either west on Alta or west on Oakey-Western. The Alta route is probably the best because the other one passes across sections of Main and other streets that still have a flooding problem.

I just looked out the living room window. I don’t know where it rained today, but it wasn’t in my section of town. The street and driveway is dry this morning. The clouds are still there, but the streets are dry. I’m not that interested in where it rained. I do wonder if it rained at McCarran Airport. If it didn’t rain at McCarran then the rain is “unofficial”. I know that sounds a little strange, but that’s the way it is in Vegas.

It’s nice that monsoon season is finally here. August is coming up so that’s when the most beautiful lightning occurs. Today there is a flash flood warning, which isn’t unexpected. Whenever we get rain there’s normally a flash flood warning.

When thunder roars
Go indoors

Channel 3 Morning Weatherman


Usually when thunder roars I am indoors. Although, I thin I’m going to have to sweep my driveway off. I noticed that the stuff from the pine trees is scattered in piles out there. I’ll have to do that latter today, before I get the car out of the garage anyway. I’ve got some disposable gloves that were left here when the nurses were coming into take care of Mom’s bed soar. The bed soar is healed and the nurses don’t come in any more. I still do have a lot of the stuff they left here though.

Fredrick’s (the Channel 3 weatherman) said he and Jordan (his dog) saw some spectacular lightning strikes last night. I’m sorry I missed seeing them. I saw distance echoes of the strikes, but not the lightning itself. It’s been a long time since I saw a really crisp image of lighting. OK, I enjoy watching it. I’m not sure when this transformation occurred, when I was a child I’d cuddle the dog when I saw lightning or heard thunder, but as an adult I enjoy see the beauty of the bolts.

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/523412-Monsoon-Season-and-Lightning