*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/524646-One-of-my-many-faults
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #1201314
Who am I, Where am I Going, and Where have I been? The story of my life!
#524646 added July 30, 2007 at 1:22pm
Restrictions: None
One of my many faults
July 30, 2007

I am done babysitting.

I'm glad because I have alot to get done before we move.

I'm upset because I was accused of treating the kids badly..I was not allowed to explain the situation from my view point...and was threatened by the father to stay away from the kids...it bothers me because even though I KNOW what the situation was and that I did not treat either  child badly...I was not allowed to explain or try to fix the situation. I have a clause within my paperwork the parent receives  that says "
If there is a problem, please come to me, I’m open and willing to work things out as long as the lines of communication are kept open" I also request 2 weeks notice before they leave..I have it in their because I mean it...if a parent has an issue with me or the way I've handled a situation, I want to know it. I'm willing to work with things, apologize if I've done something wrong...communication is key.

.because these parents had already been given notice since we are moving and knew they wouldn't be using me again after the fact  I think they were trying to avoid having to pay me for 2 weeks they woudln't be using me...their oldest child is home from her dad's this weekend ..and mom mentioned last week about talking to dad about her babysitting...I'm sure that's a portion of it.  But you know..I woudln't have been able to do anything to them -it's not a signed paper..it's just a statement of my expectations......it's not legally binding..

But it upset me majorly..because he was mean and nasty to me..and I felt I didn't do anything wrong..yes I will admit to yelling at the kid..sorry..I have a huge problem with a 7 year old throwing temper tantrum over not getting his way. He was acting like a whiny brat..and had a tendency to do so..I'm glad to be done...but when I tried to apologize for any misunderstanding and explain from my perspective what happened, he cut me off and was hateful to me...only believing his child.now mind you..a good thing to believe your child..execept when you are blind to the fact that your child is VERY GOOD LIAR. The least he could have done was listen to what I had to say......and that's what bothers me..that's that fault I mentioned above..even though I know I wasn't in the wrong...even though I believe I am a good babysitter...even if I lose my temper and yell sometimes...I'm still a good sitter.....and I hate that he thinks badly of me.....even though in the scheme of things it doesn't matter.

Well, I'm going to go eat...I haven't eaten today yet...my iced tea is done brewing and my lunch is almost done cooking...Jamie has been fed..and is playing with Playdoh.  Send me hugs...lots of them..cause I"ve become totally unhugged....*Cry* *Confused* *Worry*

a very upset
Vicky



© Copyright 2007 hoosiermomma2 (UN: hoosiermomma2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
hoosiermomma2 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/524646-One-of-my-many-faults