*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/529478-Im-Updating-My-Blog
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#529478 added August 20, 2007 at 10:51pm
Restrictions: None
I'm Updating My Blog
1 Asma 164 B.E. - August 20, 2007 about 7:30 PM PDT

The e-mail messages keeps telling me to update my blog. So I'm updating my blog. It's close to sunset here in Vegas, so the date is probably closer to the 2nd of Asma than the 1st, but I'm not into technicalities at this time. I'm typing this entry directly into the blog. I have did all my off site blog entries that way for the past few days.

I've found myself short of time and it takes less time to compose the entry in the blog then to compose it in Word and then copy and paste. I feel as if I'm in a time crunch. I have the urge to get things done. Talking about getting things done, I did something today I've never did before. I'm not sure how well I like it, I'll have to try it a few more time before I know.

The thing I did today for the first time in my 60 years on this planet was to scrub the floor by hand. I got down on my hand and knees and scrubbed the floor. The reason I can't say whether I like to scrub floors that way was because I cried the entire time. Actually I didn't scrub an entire floor, just a part of one. The reason I did this had to do with difficult to remove dirt and a sponge mop. Anyone whose has ever read any of my blogs knows that I detest sponge mops. They are an invention of the devil. In fact, Mrs. Satan wouldn't use one.

Now why was I crying, not because I was on my hands and knees scrubbing floors, with a wash cloth no less. I was crying because suddenly I realized that nothing I could do would be good enough. I'm in a Valley of the Shadow mood. I have no doubt that I'll probably attempt the hands and knees thing again. Hopefully next time I'll be in a more positive mood and can determine whether I like washing floors that way.

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/529478-Im-Updating-My-Blog