*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/527692-Facilitating-Self-Discovery
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#527692 added August 13, 2007 at 1:40am
Restrictions: None
Facilitating Self-Discovery
13 Kamal 164 B.E. - Sunday, August 12, 2007 at 10:24:15 PM PDT

Note: The following questions are from an iVillage course I’m taking. I completed the sentence.


When introduced to different perspectives and new ways of doing things I typically act in one of two ways. First, I will reject it outright and my thoughts will tell me that it is a silly way to do something or that it is impossible for me to accomplish. Second, I will accept it as possible and want to attempt it, but my self-doubt gets in the way and tells me that it is impossible for me to accomplish or that things like “that” aren’t meant for people like me to do. The first response occurs when I’m in a depression, filled with self-doubt and am listening to my inner critic. The second, response occurs when I’m in a more optimistic mood, but my inner critic gets in my way. It’s easier for me to ignore my inner critic or tell him to shut up and get out of my way. I’m not sure that the environment has a lot to do with my reactions, because most of the time its whether or not I’m depressed over something going on in my life.

My biggest fear in learning a new task is not being able to do it perfectly the first time. The problem is that if I do it perfectly on the first attempt I don’t learn the task properly. Where as, if I have to do it over one or two times before getting it right I learn to do it properly.

I feel least comfortable about trying new things when I’m alone and don’t have anyone to consult on the method I’m using or to critique the outcome.

I tend to find it easy to learn a new skill when I have someone present who I can discuss what I’m doing and how I’m doing it. I don’t want the person to show me how to do something more than once, but I do like to have the outcome critiqued. Followed by a discussion of how I can improve the skill.

The one (negative) thing I find hardest to overcome about the way I think is my own self-doubt and self-criticism.

Sudden insights and new ideas tend to come to me when I’m alone in prayer or meditation. However, this isn’t always the case because at certain times when I’m having an especially tough test, I find that an “ah moment” occurs when I’m watching somebody else or discussing something (especially something I’m having difficulty in achieving) with someone else.

I am most likely to act on a new idea when I’m under stress and confronted with a dead-end situation.

Learning is most enjoyable for me when I can apply what I learn to a situation in my own life.

I would consider myself to be more creative and innovative if I could find a way to increase my income and start a business that uses my talents and skills.

Reflecting on the way I think overall, I would say that sometimes I’m an optimist and sometimes I’m a pessimist. I’m usually a pessimist when I’m looking at my limitations and considering if I have the talent to do something. I’m an optimist when I place my trust in God through Baha’u’llah and don’t look at my own limitations.

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/527692-Facilitating-Self-Discovery