*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/530783-Baby-Boomer-Thoughts
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#530783 added August 26, 2007 at 2:35pm
Restrictions: None
Baby Boomer Thoughts
7 Asma 164 B.E. - August 26, 2007 about 11:00 AM PDT

It doens't bother me being a Baby Boomer or a Sexagenarian. Actually most baby boomers are either sexagenarians or on the verge of becoming sexagenarians. Aging doesn't bother me either, my mother said today I didn't have any wrinkles. I know that I don't look like I'm sixty years old. True I'm not aging gracefully, I'm fighting it every step of the way unless I can get a senior citizens discount or something like that.

There was a time when it bothered me to ask for stuff like that, but not any more. In fact, I've started doing a lot of things lately that I used to avoid. I ask for something whether I get it or not. When one asks can I have ...? then the answer is either yes or no. There is a 50% chance of either answer. Another thing I do is pick up aluminum cans off the ground in parking lots. If anyone gives me a strange look, I smile and say "Gas money." I don't care what they think, if I can sell a few cans and get a gallon of gas great.

I had an interesting experience the other day. Mom and I went to Food 4 Less to get coffee and cat litter. There was a guy on a motor cycles (not a Harley) who let me turn, then smile at me and said "Hi beautiful." I liked that. I enjoy guys saying stuff like that to me. He was somewhere around my age, but I doubt that it would have matter whether he was younger or older. I like it when men flirt with me. Come to think of it, maybe I'll find a construction site and walk by just to see if the men working their will whistle at me.

My mother is an Octogenarian and she was complaining the other day, that she has no boobs any more. I didn't ask her if she wanted a boob job, maybe I should. Alternatively, maybe I should just tell my brother the next time he ask what Mom want that he can get her a boob job for her birthday or whatever. That would really make his day.

There are some things I do worry about. Lately I've suspected I may be a bit paranoid, of course I drive in Las Vegas, so that could explain the paranoia. This isn't the easiest town to drive in. It isn't the easiest town to walk in either, but I'm more concerned about driving right now. Driving and cleaning out trunks (not my car trunk) that have books in them.

I either need to get more bookcases or start giving away or selling some of the books I do have. I cleaned out a trunk to put some stuff in it and found The Complete Idiot's Guide to Journaling. I looked through the book and found some interesting ideas and facts, while I was cleaning out the same trunk I also found an old math book. I'm going to make an altered book out of the math text, but I think I'll read through the journaling book before I decide what to do with it.

Words of Wisdom

However, no two people see the external world in exactly the same way. To every separate person a thing is what he thinks it is--in other words, not a thing, but a think."
Penelope Fitzgerald, The Gate of Angels
Quoted in The Complete Itiot's Guide to Journaling, chapter 2, page 12



© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/530783-Baby-Boomer-Thoughts