*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/531743-Open-Mic-Readings
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#531743 added August 31, 2007 at 12:06am
Restrictions: None
Open Mic Readings
12 Asma 164 B.E. - August 30, 2007 about 8:40 PM PDT

There are four open mic readings coming up in September that I'd like to attend. The first is on Tuesday, September 4, at the reJAVAnate on the corner of Flamingo and Pacos. It starts at 7:00 pm. This is the Labor Day open mic; I haven't written any new Labor Day poems in a couple of years. I don't know what approach to take. I'm considering using birth as the theme rather than the ordinary Labor Day subject of work or not working.

The next is the First Friday reading on September 7, I think it starts at 7:00 or 7:30 pm. I'll have to look at the e-mail in my yahoo.box for the location. I haven't attended First Friday before, but I've always wanted to. It's a night of art and other related events. I may not writing anything special for this one, if I decide to go. I'd like to go, but I'm not sure whether that will be possible.

Ever since Mom went into the hospital in March, I've had to look at all the components of a night out. I think Mom would enjoy going to First Friday, but the problem is ... I'm looking at the problems again. For the past several months, I've look at the roadblocks and not anything else. I'm tired of looking at the roadblocks. Mom's recovering, she could be doing better, but she is recovering. Just once I'd like to stop worrying about what might happen and just do something.

The third poetry reading is the 9/11 Remembrance open mic. It's at the reJAVAnate on Tuesday, September 11, 2007. I have two 9/11 poems and if I go to the meeting I need at least three. Not that it would matter what I read, but I like to follow the theme of the reading as closely as possible.

The fourth reading is women's night, that's at the reJAVAnate on Tuesday, September 18, I think. I volunteered Mom and I both for it. Mom wants to attend and I think it would be good for her, if ... There's that if again! It always comes up when I'm deciding whether or not we can go somewhere.

If I ask Mom, she's just going to tell me that whatever I decide is alright with her. I know she'd like to go to the reading. She enjoyed herself last Tuesday when we went to the men's poetry night reading.

The main problems, at this point, are gas and money, things seem to be turning around slowly. However, the could just as easily spring back to the way they've been since March. I'm worrying again! I'm finding things to worry about. I can't seem to shake the worry habit. The habit of looking at the roadblocks near by rather than the final destination. I didn't used to be like this. I don't know what's wrong with me lately. It's like I have a mind set or focus that doesn't realign. I'm getting irritated with myself.

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/531743-Open-Mic-Readings