*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/542459-Train-Whistle
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #1334292
The sordid thoughts and mental stumbles of the girl.
#542459 added October 17, 2007 at 10:57pm
Restrictions: None
Train Whistle
I can hear you coming, moving so quickly, vibrations below my feet. Opening my window to get a better listen. I can hear you coming, moving so quickly, reminding me the night has come. I can see you whistle and hear your black paint, I can smell your gears and taste your speed, moving with no destination at hand. I can hear you coming, moving so quickly, the train from the abyss, secluded in the ducts of an office building somewhere in Argentina. I can feel you hit me, drag me, push me, grab me and force me down. I can recall the moment of entering the engine, of feeling the heat and wanting to pull the lever to hear wheels screech and moan. I am listening to you now, that train from nowhere and await my turn to ride into the night. Silence again as you leave my town and travel listlessly into the perimeter of yet another damsel, waiting by a window. False hopes for a way out of this binding. For I'd sell a soul for a ticket on the train that gives me motion, a train that gives me a chance, a train that tells me...there's always somewhere to be. "

If you lived here...you'd be home by now."

© Copyright 2007 Delilah (UN: bex1053 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Delilah has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/542459-Train-Whistle